Sunday 5 March 2017

Owls

I focused on owls for my research methodology project.
I looked at their symbolism in various cultures and their association with witches. They are thought to be messengers of witches, and it's also believed that witches themselves can turn into owls. They symbolize wisdom and foresight and are thought to be keepers of secrets and knowledge. Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and strategy, had an owl as her symbol. According to myth, an owl would sit on her blind side, so that she could see the whole truth.
Owls are often associated with death and bad omens; however, they are also associated with dreams and psychic awareness. I focused a lot on owl associations and representations, especially their symbolism in dreams and divination. I was interested in the mysticism of owls and their place in the old world.


No comments:

Post a Comment