Wednesday 1 March 2017

Budgie - Oana Iolea

My chosen animal for my latest project entitled Research Methodology was a budgie. The main reasons why I chose it is because I used to own two budgies that I loved very much and ever since they came into my life, my love for birds has grown more and more. I started off the project by doing some research about the tiny bird therefore I filled my sketchbook with information about their anatomy, diet, etymology, colour mutations and many more!

        

 After creating this base of research, I started experimenting as much as possible using every working technique I was comfortable with, such as watercolour, collage, simple pencil sketches and origami.

   

My next step was attending my tutorial with Karenanne who helped me a lot by coming up with multiple interesting ideas for my final piece. Out of the three main ideas, I decided to focus on the one related to combining collage and origami and I can say that I'm pretty happy with the final result.



No comments:

Post a Comment