Wednesday 23 March 2016

Stephanie Holmes- Hedgehog


Stephanie Holmes- Hedgehog 

Fineliner study
Mixing an image of a hedgehog with popular culture. Drawing the highly recognised video game character 'Sonic the Hedgehog' in a realistic style. I was playing with the idea of what he would look like if he were a real hedgehog. 
Character creation 'Mr Needle Mouse'
Focusing on Shakespeare's quote 'The hedgehog hath a sharp throned garment.' I wanted to take this very literally and give a hedgehog like creature a spiked cloak. In this case it ended up being a shrew since they are common ancestors and they also share a strong resemblance to the hedgehog in facial features. 
Acrylic paints study
This started of as a drawing study of a tiny pinecone, but then I noticed the body looks very much like a hedgehogs. So I then painted a hedgehog's head onto the top to complete my vision. 
Fineliner and ink study
This idea popped into my head when thinking of what it would be like if hedgehogs tried to wear clothes. I imagined a hedgehog wearing a wooly top, with the hedgehog's spines poking through the fabric in a comedic fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment