Tuesday 22 March 2016

Megan Macdonald - Bat

Shakespeare's Animals
For our Research methodology project I chose to look at the bat, I've always been fascinated with them but have never had the chance to explore them in more detail. The bat features in Shakespeare's play Macbeth, act 4 scene 1, where the witches use it's wool as part of their infamous brew. Because of this I started to look further into the bats role within the supernatural world and why they are so frequently associated with the world of witchcraft and the occult.

Bubble bubble toil and trouble
Fire burn and cauldron bubble 
*
Eye of newt and toe of frog
Wool of bat and tongue of dog. 


Lino print of a bat's skeleton 

For my final piece I produced a lino print of the animals that the witches include in their gruesome brew.

Lino print of a bat's skull

No comments:

Post a Comment