Wednesday 23 March 2016

Manticore- James Kirby (megababe53) #eggs

I chose the manticore for my research methodology project, basically because i think mythical creatures are interesting. The Manticore consists of the head of a man, body of a lion and sometimes a scorpions tail and bat wings depending on its origins. I decided to go into acrylics and oil paints as i wanted to give an air of the old but also the dark, as the Manticore is an ancient mythical creature but also a man eater. What really interested me was morphing human features with that of a lion, but keeping it sinister. I also like making the woodblock print, as it looks like it could be in an old book about mythical beasts in some crazy bookshop. Thanks for looking at my Manticores, you're a true friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment