Wednesday 23 March 2016

Carina De Sa - Leopard

For my Research Methodology project I had chosen a Leopard, they are attractive elegant animals with have a great amount of strength and fierceness to them. The leopard appears in Shakespeare's play Richard II, page 175 "Lions make leopards tame,""yea, but not change his spots." A metaphor for someone who is incapable of changing their ways. From this I experimented ways in which I could portray their wild instinctive nature.

After having 'My Dog Sighs' present a lecture, he later did a workshop which consisted us going out and picking litter from the streets to then create our animals from it. I really enjoyed making the leopard in a 3 dimensional representative model, its fierceness is shown threw the opening of the box showing off the teeth, as if it were growling.



Here is one of my experiments where I played with the idea of having a 2D images in a 3D model.

For my final piece I continued having 2D images that made up the foreground, middle ground and background. I photographed the model and edited it using Photoshop to emphasis the 3 dimensional effect. I did this by adjusting the focus point and depth of field that blurs out what is in front of the camera and focusing on what is behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment